This easy one-skillet fried rice recipe boasts onions, carrot, garlic, and soy sauce, topped with crunchy breaded chicken, for layers of flavour and texture.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil, divided
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups (750 ml) chopped carrot
- 2 cups (500 ml) chopped onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced garlic
- 10 cups (2.5 L) cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) each frozen corn and peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 30 oz (900 g) Reuven Fully Cooked Dusted Chicken Breast Chunks (Product Code 10540)
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sliced green onions
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil on flat-top set to medium heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs are set and small curds form. Remove from flat-top and transfer to plate.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add remaining oil; cook carrot, onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in cooked rice, corn, peas, eggs and soy sauce. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until corn and peas are heated through. Keep warm.
Assembly: Prepare Dusted Chicken Breast Chunks according to package directions. For each serving, portion 1 cup (250 ml) fried rice onto plate. Top with 2 oz (60 g) cooked chicken chunks. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp (15 ml) green onions.
Keywords: lunch, dinner, chicken, fried rice, bowl