Enjoy these versatile scones at breakfast or brunch, or with your afternoon tea.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hewitt’s homogenized milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cup (550 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Gay Lea salted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- Add lemon juice to milk and let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add butter and cut into flour with pastry blender until texture of coarse meal. Stir in dried cranberries. Stir in milk to moisten dry ingredients.
- Roll out on floured surface to 2″ (1 cm) thickness. Cut into 2″ (5 cm) rounds or squares. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake at 425ºF (220ºC).