- 1 tbsp 15 mL Lactantia Butter
- 1 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 cups 300 mL short-grain rice
- 1 cup 250 mL finely chopped button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup 125 mL dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL each salt & hot red pepper flakes
- 10 oz 300 mL can undiluted chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups 625 mL water
- 1/2 cup 125 mL Lactantia Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup 50 mL freshly grated Black Diamond Parmesan (optional)
- 1/4 cup 50 mL chopped parsley (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in rice until evenly coated. While constantly stirring, add mushrooms, white wine, salt and pepper flakes. Keep stirring frequently until wine is absorbed.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth, about a 1/2 cup (125 mL) at a time. Stir frequently until most of the broth is absorbed before adding the next half-cup. Once absorbed, add water, half a cup at a time, stirring until almost all liquid is absorbed before adding more. Stop adding once rice is tender and creamy, in 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in small spoonfuls of Lactantia Spreadable Cream Cheese, mixing well until all the cheese is used. Sprinkle with Black Diamond Parmesan and chopped parsley, if using.