Meet the distinctively delicious Dublin-Guinness Battered Cod Sandwich! The chefs created this recipe to add some Irish flare to your menu. A tasty traditional sandwich made with High Liner’s crispy new Guinness Beer Battered Cod Fillets layered with pickled cucumbers, frizzled onions, stout glazed bacon and melted Gouda cheese all within a golden delicious toasted brioche bun.
- 6 Guinness Battered Cod Portions (#10008896)
- 6 slices smoked Gouda cheese, cut thick
- 6 brioche buns
- 118 ml pickled cucumbers
- 59 ml crispy frizzled onions
Stout Glazed Bacon:
- 12 slices thick cut smoked bacon
- 59 ml maple syrup
- 59 ml Guinness beer
- 59 ml grain mustard
Malt Vinegar Aioli:
- 15 ml dijon mustard
- 15 ml malt vinegar
- 30 ml heavy mayonnaise
- 5 ml kosher salt
- 4 ml black pepper
For the Stout Glazed Bacon:
- Cook bacon in the oven at 300°F for approximately 15 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
- Add the maple syrup to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add beer and simmer until the volume has reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and whisk in mustard, reserve glaze for service.
For the Malt Vinegar Aioli:
- In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients until they combine cohesively and reserve under refrigeration.
- Cook the Guinness Cod portions according to the package instructions.
- To serve, place bacon in a sauté pan with the glaze and simmer until glaze is thick. Melt cheese over the cooked haddock, top with bacon and place on a lightly toasted brioche bun with malt vinegar aioli, pickled cucumbers and crispy onions. Drizzle with remaining glaze and serve.