This satisfying dish with flavourful rice and spinach salad quickly comes together with the help of the freezer and spice blends.
Herb and Garlic Dressing
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Horton Spice Mills Herb and Garlic Bread Topper
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
Marinated Rice and Veg
- 48 oz Alasko Mekong Rice Mix
- Herb and Garlic Dressing
Baby Spinach Salad
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups kidney beans or chickpeas
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- For the dressing: whisk together all ingredients and allow flavours to blend.
- For the marinated rice and veg: Steam Alasko Mekong Rice Mix according to package directions. While warm, toss with Herb and Garlic Dressing. Cool completely.
- For each serving of salad: place 1 cup spinach in bowl/plate. Top with 1 cup Marinated Rice and Veg, ¼ cup beans, 1 tbsp red onion, and 2 tbsp tomatoes.
Keywords: vegetarian, chickpeas, marinated, rice, spinach, salad