Here’s a hearty sandwich that requires no cooking at all – but is loaded with flavourful ingredients and vibrant colours.
- 1 cup (8 oz) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 oz) basil pesto
- 12 Ace Mini Schiacciata, split
- 4 cups (2.6 oz) baby arugula
- 3 cups (1 lb 3.5 oz) thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 3 lb JMS Beef Pulled Natural Fully Cooked
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shaved red onions
- 12 oz Gay Lea Hewitt Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Stir mayonnaise with pesto. On each bun, layer ingredients in the following order (bottom to top): 3 tbsp pesto mayonnaise, 1/3 cup arugula, 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, 4 oz beef, 2 tbsp shaved red onions and 1 oz goat cheese.
- Serve immediately or wrap each sandwich individually with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- To Order, 1 portion: Serve fresh, chilled and wrapped, or place in panini press for about 3 minutes or until heated through and lightly toasted.
Watch the instructional video:
- Add a layer of pickled Italian antipasto vegetables.
- Replace basil pesto with sun-dried tomato pesto or olive tapenade.
- Substitute ricotta, fresh mozzarella or sliced provolone cheese for goat cheese if desired.