A tender and flaky biscuit made with cottage cheese and accented with rosemary and creamy goat cheese is loaded with shredded chicken and cranberry sauce for sliders that are next level.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Gay Lea Butter Solids Unsalted, cold and cubed
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Gay Lea Cottage Cheese 2%
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hewitt’s Buttermilk
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hewitt’s Goat Cheese Crumble
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Gay Lea 2% Milk
- 4 cups (1 L) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rosemary, fresh and finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Gay Lea Butter Solids Unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Hewitt’s Goat Cheese Crumble
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) port, or sherry
- 4 cups (1 L) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chicken, shredded and warmed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chives, snipped
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, rosemary, salt, pepper and baking soda; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs about the size of large peas. Stir in cottage cheese and buttermilk until ragged dough is formed. Gently fold in goat cheese. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Press into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) thick disc. Cut out 2-inch (5 cm) rounds and arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Brush tops with milk.
- Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Let cool completely.
- Melt butter in saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until softened. Pour in port and balsamic vinegar; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cranberries, sugar, salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture is thickened. Let cool completely.
- Split biscuit in half and top with 1/4 cup (60 mL) warm shredded chicken. Top with 2 tbsp (30 mL) cranberry sauce, 2 1/2 tsp (13 mL) goat cheese and 1 tsp (5 mL) chives.