Try this delicious new Stout Battered Fish Taco recipe. Make your Taco Tuesdays a little more interesting with a Mexican classic dish with an Irish flare using our High Liner’s Guinness Beer Battered Cod Tenders. Delicious and the perfect size and shape, as a restaurant menu add-on. Guaranteed to fulfill all your Taco, entrée and appetizer needs.
- 24 soft flour or corn tortillas, lightly toasted and warmed
- 650 g red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 650 g green cabbage, thinly shredded
- 10 g kosher sale
- 2 limes
- 650 g prepared Pico de Gallo
- 450 g red onion, sliced thin into julienne
- 180 ml red wine vinegar
- 10 g white sugar
- 5 g kosher salt
Malt Vinegar Aioli:
- 15 ml dijon mustard
- 15 ml malt vinegar
- 30 ml heavy mayonnaise
- 5 ml kosher salt
- 4 ml black pepper
- Preheat fryer to 350 degrees.
- Combine cabbage in a large bowl with kosher salt and the lime juice. Rub the cabbage, salt and lime juice together in your hands for 30 seconds and set aside.
- Prepare the pickled onions by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl and let stand. While the onions macerate, prepare the malt vinegar aioli in a small mixing bowl. Simply stir all of the malt vinegar aioli ingredients until a homogeneous aioli is achieved.
- Cook the Guinness Battered Cod Tenders according to the package instructions insuring they are cooked fully throughout.
- Build individual tacos beginning with a bed of approximately 50 grams of cabbage mixture. Top with a single Guinness Cod Tender and garnish with the pickled onions, Pico de Gallo and malt vinegar aioli to finish.