Tabbouleh, a classic Lebanese salad recipe, has been bumped up to a main dish by the addition of crispy chicken! The chicken perfectly complements the traditional mix of fresh parsley, tomatoes, scallions, bulgur wheat and olive oil lemon dressing.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked bulgur
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped tomato
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped green onions
- 30 oz (900 g) Reuven Fully Cooked Battered Chicken Breast Chunks (Product Code 10500
- 10 lemon wedges
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked bulgur, tomato, feta, parsley and green onions; toss to combine.
Note: Salad can be made up to 4 hours in advance.
- Prepare Battered Chicken Breast Chunks according to package directions for baking.
- For each serving, spoon 3/4 cup (175 mL) salad onto plate. Top with 3 oz (90 g) cooked chicken chunks (about 4 pieces).
- Serve with lemon wedge.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 728 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 72 mg
Keywords: lunch, dinner, battered chicken, salad, tabbouleh salad